Our philosophy and approach is simple:
To provide new mothers with the knowledge and support required to optimize their own breastfeeding goals.
We can help mothers and babies by:
- Providing prenatal information and counselling to ensure that babies and moms get the best start!
- Assessing latch or helping to establish a latch in a baby that is not yet latching
- Assessing milk transfer and helping to determine if low milk supply or flow is a problem Diagnosing possible causes for nipple pain and/ or breast pain
- Determining contributing factors when a breastfed baby is slow to gain weight
- Helping to determine possible reasons for a fussy breastfed baby
- Providing information to help mothers understand early feeding cues
- Assisting with breastfeeding for twins
- Determining factors associated with older babies who start refusing or pulling at the breast
At your visit:
- Initial assessments are comprehensive and may take up to 1.5 hours.
- In addition to taking a full history and examining your baby, we also observe a feeding and provide suggestions to address your concerns.
- Visits are fully covered by OHIP.